BUPA ARABIA FOR COOPERATIVE INSURANCE ANNOUNCES THE START OF BOARD NOMINATION PERIOD
Bupa Arabia is pleased to announce its nomination period for electing a new board of directors, for three years, which will start from 24/04/1438H, corresponding to 22/01/2017G and ends on 23/04/1441H, corresponding to 20/12/2019G.
For the shareholders, who hold shares with a face value of no less than ten thousand Saudi Riyals (which is equivalent to one thousand shares) wanting to nominate themselves to become members of the board of directors, should submit a nomination request to the company, care of the Nomination & Remuneration Committee and send it to the following address: P.O. Box 23807 Jeddah, 21436 Telephone: 920000456 Ext: 5343 Fax: 0126920525 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests should be sent starting Wednesday 29/10/1437H, corresponding to 03/08/2016G and before the end of Thursday 22/11/1437H, corresponding to 25/08/2016G, and the nomination notification according to what the Ministry of Commerce's company rules, the company's bylaws, Law on Supervision of Cooperative Insurance and its regulation, corporate governance regulations, listing rules, that are issued by the Capital Market Authority and which includes the following:
1) Submitting the request to the company's management, including the nominee's resume, qualifications and experience in the insurance sector.
2) It is required for any nominee that held the position of board member in any public company to provide the following information:
a) The number of Board of Directors meetings that took place during all of the years of the term and the number of meetings that the member attended and the percentage of attendance.
b) The continuous committees that the member participated in and the number of meetings held for each of these committees during each year of the term.
3) A list of all public companies that he still is a board member of.
4) A list of companies or establishments that he manages or owns, and is engaged in business related to the company's business.
5) Completing the Fit and Proper form issued by the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency, which can be found on SAMA's website:
6) Completing form (3) issued by Capital Market Authority, which can be found on CMA's website:
7) The nominee shall not be a member of the board of directors of any other insurance and/or reinsurance Company.
8) The nominee shall not hold membership in more than five boards of public companies at one time.
9) It is not allowed, except after written approval from SAMA, for a person who had held similar position in a liquidated Company to nominate himself.
10) To be attached with the application, a clear copy of the national ID for individuals, commercial registration for companies and establishments and the phone numbers of the nominees.
The board of directors will be voted for during the coming General Assembly meeting for the company, which will be held soon after coordination with the Capital Market Authority, and the exact date will be announced.
The Capital Market Authority and the Saudi Stock Exchange take no responsibility for the contents of this disclosure, make no representations as to its accuracy or completeness, and expressly disclaim any liability whatsoever for any loss arising from, or incurred in reliance upon, any part of this disclosure, and the issuer accepts full responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained in it and confirms, having made all reasonable enquiries, that to the best of their knowledge and belief, there are no other facts or information the omission of which would make the disclosure misleading, incomplete or inaccurate.