Closing Price Calculation
Equity Closing Price Calculations
- The closing price is set during the closing auction which takes into consideration buy and sell orders during the auction to form a fair price, as currently applied in the opening auction
- The equilibrium price is set during the closing auction, which lasts for 10 minutes
- The closing auction starts after continuous trading at 3:00pm to 3:10pm
- The market will close and uncross everyday randomly between 3:10:00 and 3:10:30
- The closing price is set based on normal trades only, which are trades above SAR 15,000. If there are no normal trades during auction, the closing price is the last traded price (LTP) during continuous trading. If there are no trades during the day, the closing price is the previous day’s closing price
- During the closing auction, market orders are displayed at the top of the order book as best bid / best ask, without price.
The closing prices accessible in the following reports:
- Daily detailed reports
- Weekly report
- Monthly report
- Quarterly report
- Annual report
- Daily Financial Indicators
- How is the opening price determined for Equities?
The opening price is determined through an opening auction. During the opening auction investors may place orders (bid/ask). The trading engine will determine an equilibrium price at which all possible matching orders are executed at the end of the auction (uncross). The execution price is the opening price.
- When is the opening auction?
- How is the closing price determined for Equities?
- When is the closing auction?
- When will the closing price be determined?
- Which securities apply a closing auction mechanism to determine the closing price?
- What type of orders are permitted during the closing auction?
- Do negotiated deal trades affect the closing price?
- Does the closing auction affect indices calculation?
- What is the closing price in case no trades occurred during the day?
- What is the closing price in case no trades occurred during the closing auction?
- What are the fluctuation limits during the closing auction?
- Can orders be cancelled or amended during the closing auction?
- What will happen if the order is not matched during continuous trading?
- What will happen if the order is not matched during closing auction?
- Can orders be placed after the closing auction (after 3:10pm)?
- Where are the closing prices displayed on Tadawul’s website?
• Companies Detail Quote
• Historical Data (Performance Summary)
• Detail Quote Non Adjusted
• Last 6 traded days
The closing prices are displayed in the following reports:
• Daily Report
• Weekly Report
• Monthly Report
• Quarterly Report
• Annual Report
• Daily Financial Indicators